Show or hide the Site Name and Site Slogan in Drupal 8
When creating a Drupal site, you are able to define several pieces of branding information relating to your site:
- Site Name
- Site Slogan
In earlier Drupal versions, you could control the display of the Site Name and Site Slogan via the Appearance settings. These could be set globally and then overriden for individual themes.
In Drupal 8, the method for showing or hiding these has changed, and you'll no longer find them in the theme settings.
Remove the site name or slogan in Drupal 8
- Log into your Drupal site.
- Go to Structure > Block Layout
- Edit the Site Branding block, where you can choose which site branding elements to hide/display:
- Disable the Site Name and/or Site Slogan.
- Click Save Block.
Note that you cannot set the Site Name or Site Slogan here. However, as you can see, this block also provides links to the appropriate administration pages for uploading your logo and defining your site name and site slogan:
- The Site Name and Site Slogan are set through the Site Information settings, as they were in earlier versions of Drupal.
- The Site Logo is uploaded via your theme.